April 24, 2011

Candida DIet Supper: Quinoa Meatloaf

Quinoa meat loaf
This meatloaf is so tasty! It is really moist too and you feel really healthy eating it too which I always love!

For 2 servings:

1 pound minced beef

2 eggs
1/4 cup of uncooked quinoa

1 medium onion
3 garlic cloves
2 chilies
1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil

1 teaspoon Thyme

1 teaspoon Rosemary
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt

Cook quinoa as directed. Preheat oven to 350 F. Add onion, chili, and cloves to a food processor and chop finely. Add cooked quinoa and all ingredients to a large bowl and mix together. Grease a loaf tray with coconut or olive oil, then add the mixture and bake for 1 hour.

I've shared this recipe at:

Show & Tell Party
Idea Sharing Wednesday 
Whatever Goes Wednesdays

8 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of making meatloaf for a while. This one looks really delicious and healthy with the quinoa too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya i really liked this one!! not too meaty either

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...I have a question...what exactly is minced beef? Where do you get it, and is there a substitute? This looks so yummy! I have some quinoa in the cupboard that is just asking to be used to make meatloaf ;)

    pam{dot}helm{at}hotmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just used hamburger and it worked great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT use of Quinoa. We use it all the time but I never thought to through it in a meatloaf. I am meatless now but I am passing this on to my mom. She will LOVE it!!

    If you get a sec, pop on over to Foodie Friday and link up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just so you know...red meat is probably no the best to eat while trying to eat candida friendly. it takes the body too long to digest. turkey is better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Used 1lb of ground bison in place of of minced beef, The recipe is delish. I will be making this again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!