July 24, 2011

Baking My Way: Brown Sugar Cutouts

I felt the same way about these cookies as I did about the Butterscotch Slice Cookies I posted about a few days ago- boring and they probably don't taste that great. Well the story is pretty much the same- they turned out well, they are super simple but are great with tea or coffee and are a fun biscuit type cookie that you can make in any shape (that makes it a little less boring).

INGREDIENTS


1 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 1/2 cups Flour
1/2teaspoon baking soda


DIRECTIONS
  • In large bowl, beat margarine and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; blend well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Stir in flour and baking soda; mix well. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours for easier handling.
  • Heat oven to 375°F. On floured surface, roll out dough, 1/3 at a time, to 1/8-inch thickness, refrigerate remaining dough until needed. Cut out cookies with 1 3/4 to 2-inch cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
  • Bake at 375°F. for 5 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.

5 comments:

  1. Mandi I just have to say your photos are looking really great! I can't tell you have taken the time to perfect some things. I am so proud of you and how far you have come in the blogging world.
    I miss chatting with you and well just miss you like crazy in general. I am kind of crying writing that. I hope you are having an amazing summer.
    Love Your Big Sista,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thanks! ya people here and there are giving me tips and teaching me things and i'm really forcing myself to try and stay in manual and learn how to really use my camera.

    we'll skype today!! i miss you too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this recipe - simple ingredients, great taste. I love the richness that brown sugar adds to cookies. I'd like to invite you to share your recipe on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda,
    These cookies look so good. I sure wish I had one to go with my afternoon tea, which is now. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon. Hope you are having a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look awesome! thanks for linking them up!

    Ashton
    www.somethingswanky.com
    {Sweet Treats Thursday}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!