July 26, 2011

Candida Diet Lunch: Chicken Quinoa Salad

Chicken Quinoa Salad

Chicken Quinoa Salad
Oh I love quinoa!! I am so excited about this recipe! I usually just through in whatever veggies I have to my quinoa along with some coconut milk and we're good to go but it's nice to follow a recipe for a change!

For 2 servings:
Source

1 chicken breast

2/3 cup of cooked quinoa

2 cups of spinach

2 medium tomatoes
1/2 a cucumber

1 avocado
2 shallots

1 garlic clove

Juice of 1/2 lemon

2 tablespoons olive oil

Salt and pepper to taste

Cook the quinoa as directed. Chop up chicken, pan-fry until cooked, about 5 minutes. Now chop up the veggies, toss everything in a bowl and serve.

Alternative: You could also put the veggies in when the quinoa is cooking! No longer a salad but still a very good meal!

1 comment:

  1. yum!! i love quinoa so much! i love finding new recipes for it too, so i'll have to try it. it has almost all of my fav ingredients.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!