January 13, 2012

Spinach Zucchini Spaghetti


I have been trying to make different meals lately, more health options, with lots of veggies. I heard of something like this before, and me being the type of person that I am I just sort of started throwing stuff together and came up with something pretty good. Sometimes it's hit and miss but this time worked out well so I wanted to share it with you. It's not totally exact because, well like I said I made it up as I went, but you'll get the idea.

- 1 pack of frozen chopped spinach (1 cup)
- 2 medium zucchinis chopped
- 1-2 pounds of ground beef cooked
- 1 large can of tomato sauce
- 3 cups of chopped tomato (canned, fresh or frozen, doesn't matter)
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- any other spice you like!


Cook beef in a frying pan (once done drain out the fat/oil).

In a slow cooker combine veggies, tomatos and spices. Put on medium heat.

Once the meat is cooked add it to the slow cooker. Cook on simmer/low for 4 hours. (I cooked mine over night, it just made it that much better)

I used whole wheat noodles, and raw mozzarella cheese, so tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!